BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

SEND LETTERS PLEASE!




Well, I am back to bad luck in the e-mailing room. The printer was down so I just spent the past 15 minutes reading your e-mails. It is times like these that I wish I had typing skills like Christi. I don't know if I can type fast enough to fit in everything that I want to say about the week.

Good thing there are a bunch of e-mails here from you guys, though, since I didn't hear from you via Dear-Elder at all this week. Yesterday at the TRC, during the part where we were supposed to try to get to know the investigator, they asked us how our families were doing and I expressed my annoyance that I didn't know how they were doing because I hadn't heard from them in A WEEK! Speaking of letters though... I got a letter from Anne Collins today with an awesome picture from Lucy. If you see her, thank her for me! And have Rio start drawing me some pictures.

First of all...glad to hear you made it to Italy Mom and Pop!! Is it freezing there this time of year? If you see any black shoes while wandering around there...feel free to buy them for me:)

One of our sisters left for Italy yesterday morning. She was the one that was in a class etc. by herself. As crazy as she drove us all when she first became our companion, turns out we really grew to love and appreciate her and genuinely miss her now. It was really quiet and awkward getting ready in the morning today without her off the wall and repeated daily comments like, "Oh, I just think I'll go like this today" when she was wasn't dressed, or her talking to inanimate objects that she was using to get ready, or asking us if we had eaten various objects that she couldn't find. I tried taking over and repeating some of the classic lines but it just didn't have the same effect, unfortunately.

We are getting 4 new sisters tomorrow, though, that will be in our Italian Zone! And our zone has been asked to be "hosts" for the new missionaries tomorrow...so we will be the people that stand at the side of the road and pull bags out of the cars for the missionaries while waving their families on who are trying to say last minute goodbyes.

We also had a new girl move into our room yesterday who is from Japan. She is awesome! She speaks some English but seems to get confused between when she is speaking English and when she is speaking Japanese. She gets really excited sometimes and starts making crazy noises thinking that we understand what she is saying. It is awesome to say the least. She is probably on my top 5 favorite people at the MTC list. Have I told you about Brother Clegg? He is my absolute favorite. He is in the presidency here at the MTC. I went up to talk to him during the first week because he was a mission president in Milan and we have basically been best friends ever since. Every time we walk by his office he makes us come in and listen to a bunch of hilarious stories about being in Milan. He is so un-like anyone else here...he gives us giant hand shakes even though there are big signs on the doors saying we aren't allowed to. Plus he gives us chocolate covered nuts.

0 comments: