BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS?


Hopefully you all buy into that saying because I now don't have very much time to write due to the time wasted waiting for slow public computers to load pictures (have I sent one email yet without complaining about computers or Internet? Maybe I'll make it a goal next week to not do that).

I know I should bear my testimony and uplift you all spiritually in every letter, etc., and I have learned a lot this week in the scriptures, but I really just want to share my funny stories...maybe look back to past letters if you have forgotten that I have a testimony that God is our loving Heavenly Father, Jesus is the Christ, Christ's Church has been restored through Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon is the Word of God and we have a living prophet today whose name is Thomas S. Monson (although two times now in lessons I have said Hinckley on accident).

Remember that man that ran away from me to chase down his train? And remember how ridiculously awkward it was when I looked up and saw all the people on the train staring at me. Well, a few days ago a woman sprinted away from us...and she was not trying to catch a bus or train...and it was right in front of our apartment with all of the store keepers and everyone that knows and sees us everyday watching. All I had said was something like, "Hello, we are disciples of Christ and have a message to share with you that comes from your Heavenly Father. I see that you are in a hurry but can we walk with you..." And off she went...

We did "door to door" on accident this week at 2 more offices and a fire station. The buildings really are tricky here.


Other highlights and notes of interest of the week:
I ate the best Tiramisu ever.
My companion has noticed my lazy eye wandering 3 times in the past two days...I thought I had grown out of that.

OK, there is time for a spiritual thought:
All of my companions here so far have been super good examples of not saying repetitive prayers and really taking time out of the day to say really good, well thought out prayers. I realized that I am probably missing out on a lot of divine help by having weak prayers, so I have started doing what we do with some investigators who have never said anything besides a memorized prayer before...make an outline of things to pray for. I literally kneel down with a page of 'Preach My Gospel' open (it is in the following the spirit section) and go through the nearly 2 page list, thinking of specifics, while praying. It is exhausting. I am finally starting to understand, to a small extent, what it means to pray with all your heart, might, mind and strength. I highly recommend looking up that page in 'Preach My Gospel' and giving it a go.


Love you all,
S.C.

0 comments: